Orange Accelerator B.V. is an innovation accelerator (with focus on life sciences and healthcare industry and startups) as well as an innovation management consulting company. The mission of Orange Accelerator B.V. is to create value through bridging innovative life sciences and healthcare startups from Middle East research and development side to European/Global industry and market side. This can be accomplished by building networks, exchanging information and knowledge and teaming up multinationals for the purpose of co-development of new ventures in healthcare industry.
The roles Orange will take to carry out the mission include:
- Commercialization strategy formulation and implementation
- Empowering would-be entrepreneurs on business and management literature and practices
- Directing and engaging in research and development projects
- Managing collaborative research and development projects
- Advising on the industrial research projects
- Facilitating the design and production of prototypes
- Providing access to commercialization facilities and infrastructures
- Seed investments in bio-startups, accelerating the innovation process
- Networking between industry players and research actors
- Innovation and technology policymaking
- Legal support and technology patenting services
- Empowering and mentoring startup teams
- Marketing and branding consultancy, seeking capital investment
We see Orange as a key contributor to the rate of business startup success in the biotechnology, nanotechnology, and life sciences ecosystem. Each year during our acceleration program, we invite a large group of entrepreneurs to our startup bio boot camp to provide them with mentoring on bio-entrepreneurship and business design. In a one-month process, we select a smaller group of startups among successful graduates. In addition to providing mentoring, business development, shared workplace, lab infrastructure, and commercialization services, we address the funding gap for startups and information gap for potential investors by acting as network brokers. This includes the seed money (initial investment) and marketing of startups’ technology and prototypes to a wide range of international venture capitalists and pharma industry players. Orange Accelerator’s annual acceleration program is designed and oriented based on our extensive research on commercialization success and failure cases to help bio-entrepreneurs bring their products into the marketplace.
We are refining our business model everyday so that startups find Orange an ideal platform for strategic guidance, accelerating their growth and fundraising process. On the other side of our semi-platform business model, we focus on the private equity and venture capital so that the Orange acceleration program outputs higher quality startups. Our long term goal is to reduce the mortality rate of startups and help more commercialisable high tech opportunities in the research and development section (i.e. universities, research institutes, etc.) find their way to market through an accelerated path over the valley of death.
As an innovation accelerator, our ecosystem’s key components are as follows:
- Researchers – Producers of basic knowledge and scientific progress
- Entrepreneurs – Envisage the innovation ideas and opportunities
- Startup Team Members – Support the entrepreneurs to build and grow
- Startup Mentors – Invest time and expertise in the company
- Startup Advisors – Provide timely assistance and consultancy
- Incubators – Providing professional and tenant services
- Technology Transfer Offices – Facilitate the knowledge and tech transfer projects
- Angel Investors – Provide Funding at the inception stage
- PE Investors – Further funding for growth
- VC Funds – Come in typically when the company has stable cash flows
Due to our open-innovation platform-oriented business model, we believe that there are potential collaboration opportunities for working with domestic and international entities, incubators, advisers, investors, academics, researchers and entrepreneurs. If you want to know more about these opportunities, contact us and we will respond shortly!